Friday, March 09, 2007

Re: My pretty office

And no... this cannot wait, even though I'll be out of the office all next week. It has to be done today. She has now recruited other people, who apparently have no work to do, either, to help move shelves and fake palms and screens around.

After it was all finished, Patsy came over to exclaim over how much better my "space" looked, how much more room I had... I mean this is not my bedroom. I don't need more light from some ugly tiny little 15-watt lamp, I don't need "more privacy" from another fake plant, I don't need a 3-by-3-inch rattan basket for "more storage space." Just leave me alone and let me do work already. I think they are all a little disconcerted because, as you probably know, I'm not very good at expressing excitement when I do feel it, let alone when I don't, so it's really hard for me to be super-psyched about taking an hour out of my day to put in one shelf.

On a more exciting note, I'm meeting someone from Craigslist this afternoon to buy a copy of Microsoft Office 2007, I guess Microsoft had some kind of launch event and gave out free copies, and this person is selling his for less than half of the retail price. I guess people are selling these launch copies for so little is because there's no hard-copy of the CDs or the documentation, it's just the product key, so you have to download the actual application online, which I already did to use the free 60-day trial. Which means that if no one hears from me for a few days, I've been kidnapped. But we are meeting in a nice public place in the middle of the day.

Ugh and then Patsy just came over to say "Hahahaha, it's hard to keep stuff off the floor, huh?" because I haven't had time to put all the stuff back on the shelves from when I had to take everything off to move them because I have work to do. Which I told her. GO DO SOME WORK. God.

No comments: